Here I will describe all my achievements during this year. I will write about my targets for the next year and I put some notes of my vision about IT world as well.
It’s end of the year and everybody make recap of the things which he/she did during this whole year. So here is my list of achievements:
- CakePHP Framework – at the beginning of the year I started with Cake and I didn’t stop baking so far. This framework fit perfectly for my needs and do things easily – that’s why I like it.
- Completed 3 or 4 projects written completely in CakePHP – This was the best learning curve for me – to use the framework in practice.
- Created few code snippets /helpers and behaviours/ posted in this Blog.
- Start writing my own blog – this is my first attempt for blogging – I never believed that it’s a pleasure to write articles and to help with them to other people. I definitely will continue blogging next year. So far there are 37 posts /including this one/
- Register my own company – unfortunately it’s frozen due to my position in Insch Quotient, but I have great plans for it.
- Changed the company – I was in my previous company since summer of 2002, so this is a big event for me. Now I am CTO in Insch Quotient Company, based in Bulgaria.
- Experienced with SEO – Get participated in Bulgarian SEO contest and during it my page were floated between 44-56 position in Google. Well it’s not first page, but this was my first attempt and the results in Google where more than 800 000.
- Get more and more addicted to Ubuntu OS – which mean also more experienced in it. In fact as I written in a post here – I can’t survive very long with Windows Vista indeed.
- Get experienced as team leader – I can’t be 100% sure, but I hope I am getting better and better 😀
Future plans for year 2008:
- Complete all my project ideas which are still in my head – including a game, a Social Networking Add-on /or separate project – still clearing the concept/ and few other online projects.
- To create more add-ons for Cake which I will publish here – in my blog. I have at least one behaviour and one article in my drafts 😉
- To get Insch Quotient start earning money – the company is brand new and we still need to prove our self on the market.
- To complete more projects than previous year.
- To have more responsibilities especially in leading people – I really like challenges.
- Keep writing my blog
Some predictions for the IT world /more wishes than predictions/:
- iPhone 2-nd Generation
- 2 new releases of Ubuntu – well this is not a prediction :D. More users switched from windows to Ubuntu /or at least to Open source software/
- More semantic web sites
- Multiple column layout supported by IE – there are already some articles which giving some hope for IE8
- CakePHP will release 1.2 stable. The team will start thinking for CakePHP v.2
- PHP6 – Probably as first beta or alpha, but it will be good if PHP team close PHP4 for good
- Faster computers and heavy OS 😀
So this is from me for this year.
Happy New Year!